Thursday, January 10, 2019

Exploring the Colors of Love



So much has been written about Love. So many songs have been sung about Love.  Yet, people keep looking for it, trying to define it, and, yes, lamenting it! 

Love can encompass so many human experiences and can inform so many human activities and feelings; it is one concept that cannot be limited in any way. 

My Spiritual Guide, Saji, tells me that Love is the power that moves the Universe.  It's what the Universe is made from!

For me, Love has infinite dimensions and expressions!  Since I am an Astrologist, let me give you an example of the variety of ways in which Love can be expressed, according to the Zodiac. This particular list was written by astrologer Linda Goodman:
ARIES:  to teach... that Love is Innocence; and to learn... that Love is Trust.

TAURUS: to teach... that Love is patience; and to learn... that Love is forgiveness.

GEMINI: to teach... that Love is awareness, and to learn... that Love is feeling.

CANCER: to teach... that Love is devotion; and to learn... that Love is freedom.

LEO: to teach... that Love is ecstacy; and to learn... that Love is humility.

VIRGO: to teach... that Love is pure; and to learn... that Love is fulfillment.

LIBRA:  to teach... that Love is beauty; and to learn... that Love is harmony.

SCORPIO:  to teach...that Love is passion; and to learn... that Love is surrender.        
               
SAGITTARIUS:  to teach... that Love is honesty; and to learn... that Love is loyalty.

CAPRICORN:  to teach... that Love is wisdom; and to learn... that Love is unselfish.
                             
AQUARIUS: to teach... that Love is tolerance;  and to learn... that Love is Oneness.

PISCES: to teach... that Love is compassion;  and to learn... that Love is All.

This is just one person’s interpretation, but it illustrates the variety of expressions and feelings that the act of LOVE encompasses!  Since we carry ALL of these energies in our astrology charts, we can embody any and all of them.

Here’s astrologer Ffiona Morgan’s interpretation on how Love is expressed through the Houses in a typical Astrology Natal chart:
1st House: Expression of love by giving of the self.

2nd House: Expression of love by giving of possessions and talents.

3rd House:  Expression of love through words, the mind, education.

4th House:  through admiration and esteem, parents, or ancestors.

5th House: through romance, children, self-created art, and sex that includes romance.

6th House: through work, duty, and obligations.

7th House: through relationships.

8th House: through sensual sex, which is used as a process of tranformation.

9th House: through spirituality and God/dess.

10th House: through healing.

11th House: through friends and the joys of companionship.

12th House: through compassion for the lost and unfortunate.

The Houses show the area of life through which the energies of Love can be expressed.  And each House has many levels and nuances.

Other expressions of love include:
Love for country

Love for land, sea, wind, forest, etc.

Love for animals

Love for plants

Love for the Earth planet, the Sun, the Moon, the Stars....Space itself.

Love for artistic products: movies, paintings, songs, kind of music, etc.

Love for spiritual mentors and spirit guides

Love for activities, such as doing crafts, playing music, advocating for change, etc.

So........how do you know that what you are feeling is truly Love?  First of all, the act of loving makes you feel good; it feels like an expression of your inner joy, or joie de vivre!  Even in the midst of grief, you can feel good that “Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.”

You can also love someone whom you don’t even like!  The thing about love is that it accepts the loved one “as is.”  That doesn’t mean you have to spend any time with them or even give them the time of day!  It’s enough to know you are connected, deep down.  So you don’t send them any negative energies by speaking meanly about them.  You don’t pity them, because you have faith that they will learn through their lives here on Earth to use their free will for the good of all.

In fact, if you don’t like someone, or even if you hate them, there is a lesson there.  They can be your shadow-teacher if you learn the lesson!  They may be reflecting something in you that needs changing.  Or perhaps they are reminding you of yourself when you were a younger, more immature soul....and your lesson is to be patient and set a good example.  Maybe they are giving you a challenge which, in meeting it, sharpens you.  Or maybe your “revenge” is living well.  Who knows?  But once you learn the lesson, the path to love is as wide open as your heart becomes!

The Shaman-Artist Imelda Almqvist wrote a powerful piece about “Staying in the Place of Love.”  In her words, "Staying in the Place of Love is a blog about a vision that appeared in a recent dream, about asking The Divine Mother (as you understand her) to create a temple in your heart for her to lovingly tend to those people you cannot actively love or embrace just now.”

This is one way to express love to those we don’t exactly “like,” or those who we feel have harmed us or others.  We can also “bless” them with prayers like, “May (this person) be taught what he needs to know by his own greater self.”  “May (this other person) find what she needs to grow into her true self.”  You can easily think of your own blessings.  You can also use imagery; for instance, see that person inside a rose (or whatever symbolizes spiritual wisdom and goodness to you).  Then imagine an angel (or spiritual guide) taking the rose to a place of healing, wholeness and happiness.
"Love is a travel.  All travelers whether they want or not are changed.  No one can travel into love and remain the same."  –Shams Tabriz
Sometimes love grabs ahold of you and won’t let go.  And what a wild ride that is! 

The great writer William Shakespeare said, “Don't waste your love on somebody, who doesn't value it.”  But he also wrote this Sonnet 116:
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
 Admit impediments. Love is not love
 Which alters when it alteration finds,
 Or bends with the remover to remove:
 O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
 That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
 It is the star to every wandering bark,
 Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
 Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
 Within his bending sickle's compass come:
 Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
 But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
 If this be error and upon me proved,
 I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
Truly, if love is what we ARE, what we are made of, we cannot be other than love.   

The Witch and Lawyer Phyllis Curott (who wrote a great novel about Love called “The Love Spell”) reminds us in her video (How to Cast a Love Spell) that all great Love spells start with loving ourself!

The Teacher and Healer Jesus (who I believe to have taught Pleiadian knowledge) said we need to love others AS WE LOVE OURSELVES, not more than we love ourselves.  And loving ourselves sometimes means we need to have strong boundaries and keep our energies from harm.  And yes, I do believe this is what we are here (in the 3rd dimension) to learn.  As as we move into the 4th and 5th dimension, the sense of Self-Love becomes even greater.  And AS OUR SELF-LOVE blossoms, we are able to love our friends and family all the more.  And we can also RECEIVE the love of our friends and family more joyfully and easily. 

Here are some affirmations (written by the great Teacher Louise Hay) about this important foundation of self-love in our life:
Deep at the centre of my being there is an infinite well of love.

I now allow this love to flow to the surface.

It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness, my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions and returns to me multiplied.

The more love I use and give, the more I have to give, the supply is endless.

The use of love makes me feel good; it is an expression of my inner joy.

Yes, I love myself, therefore I take loving care of my body.

I lovingly feed it nourishing food and beverages.

I lovingly groom it and dress it and my body lovingly responds to me with vibrant health and energy.

I love myself, therefore I provide for myself a comfortable home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in.

I fill the rooms with the vibration of love so that all who enter, myself included, will feel this love and be nourished by it.

I love myself, therefore I work at a job that I truly enjoy doing, one that uses all my talents and abilities, working with and for people that I love and love me, and earning a good income.

I love myself, therefore, I behave in a loving way to all people for I know that that which I give out returns to me multiplied.

I only attract loving people in my world for they are a mirror of what I am.

I love myself, therefore I forgive and totally release the past and all past experiences and I am free.

I love myself, therefore I love totally in the now, experiencing each moment as good and knowing that my future is bright, and joyous and secure, for I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now and forever more.

And so it is.
As for being partners-in-love, it is important that self-love does not get trampled in such a relationship.  The poet Kahlil Gibran wrote:  "Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."

Can both partners in a love relationship find their individual inner-power AND their power with each other?  I believe so, as long as they don’t drain each other.  They both need to get their power from within and from their own connection with All-That-Is.  The relationship of love and power is important.  Writer and Shaman Lynn V. Andrews wrote a book about the interaction of these two qualities (“Love and Power: Awakening to Mastery”) and concluded:
“The power to rebuild what is broken is born from love.  Always.  Power and love are mates. They live together in deep appreciation and support of each other.  Without that marriage, there may be force, but there won’t be happiness.  There won’t be fulfillment, nor the joy and freedom you are looking for.  When you waken to the power of love in even the simplest aspects of your life, you begin to grow.  Then you stop fighting yourself."
Healer Anne Jones specializes in healing the heart with love.  Here’s one of her videos (Healing a Shattered Heart) that will show you how to heal the heart in the event of heartbreak, grief, or heartache.

Love starts with loving ourself and ripples out into the world.....changing ourself, each other, and (eventually) everything!  If you feel you can’t love more than yourself right now, try loving a plant, or a pet.....that will be enough to get the love flowing....
“Most people know intuitively that when you fall in love, the world is full of magic. What they don't know is that when you discover the universe is full of magic, you fall in love with the world.” 
                 ~Phyllis Curott
"It is time to redefine power, to expand our concept of what being powerful really means. True power is love. It is not power over someone. It is everyone, all of us, standing together in a circle, building power side by side.  As I build my power, I create a mirror, a reflection of power that you can use to build your power…I inspire you and you inspire me; and together we create a world of healthy, interdependent, creative people."

                ~Lynn V. Andrews
It is said that we are in an Ascension at this time on this planet.  Love changes our vibration and leads us into something new.  We joyfully dance to the new beat of PlanetDrum!  The HEART is the bridge to the 5th Dimension, but only if we are grounded from the earthly dimensions.  Being grounded comes from loving the Planet and experiencing Nature in a positive way.  A simple way to ground ourself is to touch an element, hold a stone, feel the warmth of a fire, immerse in water, savor the scent of something we enjoy.  Feel the energy of our bodies rooted to the Earth and open to the Sun, Moon, and Stars.  Once we are grounded, we can safely open our hearts, and in this way, open to being a channel for Universal Love. 
“The desire of the fifth dimension is to get deeply involved in your feelings and to serve as your center and radiate love to you and all other things.

“I am the dimension of your heart, and if you remain intensely centered in your bodies responding to all things that are drawn to you, I funnel waves of love through you, so that you have endless energy to offer kindness to all the beings in your world. If you stay completely grounded in the sacred space you occupy with your heart open as a conduit into the center of Earth, you will be in samadhi with me. I am the center of all nine dimensions that you access. When you are centered in your body and connected to the center of Earth, my energy funnels through the fourth dimension and flows directly into your heart. When this river of love flows into you, the four dimensions above myself begin to flood your awareness. The more you hold your heart open while you are grounded, the more you feel the subtle vibrations of the higher dimensions.”

  ~from The Pleiadian Agenda: A New Cosmology for the Age of Light by Barbara Hand Clow
As we enter (dancing, singing, drumming, smiling, letting go) into the 5th dimension, we know that love is magic, and love is joy.......as the Byrds sang:
I found all the surrounding
Who showed me the joy that innocently is
Just be quiet and feel it around you

And I opened my heart to the whole universe and I found it was loving....

-- Fifth Dimension by the Byrds


By:  Peggy Andreas

No comments:

Post a Comment